Asset 12 Asset 10 Asset 11 autodesk_icon_font_1_18_17_start_over-01

Keyboard ALT + g to toggle grid overlay

Desiree Mackey

ES20861-R: Daily Dynamo: Innovative Solutions to Everyday Structural Problems

  • Save to my AU Saved

Key Learning

Key Learning

  • Share practical applications of Dynamo
  • Discuss ways to utilize Dynamo to solve everyday problems
  • Learn how to incorporate Dynamo into daily workflows
  • Discuss how structural engineers are using Dynamo

Description

Description

The Dynamo extension is exciting, and the examples of its capabilities are awe inspiring, but are they practical in a real-world structural workflow? When an engineer creates a Dynamo script that resembles a bowl of spaghetti but will create some elaborate structure, is that practical and useful on a daily basis? While the farfetched and futuristic capabilities are exciting for probably 1% of projects, are they applicable to the other 99%? This session will focus on the other 99%. Due to the perception that it is only good for the crazy stuff, many structural engineers have not explored the Dynamo extension. Instead of ignoring a fantastic technology, engineers should learn ways to utilize Dynamo. This roundtable will offer an environment for structural engineers to share ideas for utilizing Dynamo to create innovative solutions to real-world, everyday problems. Note: This roundtable was created with structural engineers in mind, but all disciplines are welcome to come share practical applications of Dynamo extension. This session features Dynamo Studio, Revit, and Revit Structure.

Target Audience

Target Audience

Structural Engineers, Structural Drafters/Designers/Technicians, BIM Managers, Revit and Dynamo Enthusiasts

Speakers

Speakers

Desiree Mackey

Desiree (Dezi) Mackey has been in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry for more than 15 years. After obtaining her bachelor's and master’s degrees from the University of California, Davis, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, she perpetuated her nerdy tendencies with Revit software. She started her career in California with a construction company, she continued with a structural engineering firm, and now she is a structural engineer and Building Information Modeling (BIM) manager at Martin/Martin in Colorado. Mackey is a regular speaker at many conferences. She is a co-founder of the Rocky Mountain Building Information Society, the chair of the Structural Engineers Association of Colorado's BIM Committee, a member of the RTC North America Committee, and a member of the Autodesk University Advisory Council. Finally, as if that’s not enough Revit in her life, she’s married to “The Revit Geek” and acts as a partner in his BIM consulting firm, BD Mackey Consulting.

Related Classes

Related Classes

Tags

Published

  • 2016
  • ES20861-R
  • AU Las Vegas

Software

  • Dynamo Studio
  • Revit
  • Revit Structure

Industries

  • Engineering Service Providers
  • Architecture Services
  • General Architecture. Engineering and Construction

Topics

  • Structural Engineering
  • Architecture