Last Chance to Submit Class Proposals
Wow! The weeks went by fast. Many of you have been hard at work developing not just one, but several proposals for AU 2013. Thank you for doing all you can to help make AU 2013 the place to be this coming December.
If you haven’t finished your proposal yet, you have only about 2.5 days to submit it. Don't miss this chance to share your knowledge at Autodesk University 2013. Your career, your business, and your profession will thank you for it.
The deadline is May 19.
--sandy0 Comments Posted On May 16, 2013 at 3:14PM
Become an AU 2013 Speaker: Call for Proposals is open
The Call for Proposals for AU 2013 in Las Vegas is open. If you have a great idea for an AU class, now is the time to submit your proposal. All of the AU community benefits when you share your knowledge about your work and your industry.
We are accepting class proposals through May 19.
If you are a first-time submitter, here are some things to get you started:
- Learn about the types of classes we want and find information on speaker benefits and deadlines on the Call for Proposals web page.
- View archived classes and content from AU 2012, including handouts, datasets, and presentations, on the AU website.
Important change this year: You will use your Autodesk account to submit your AU 2013 proposals. This is different from your AU member account. If you don’t have an Autodesk account, you can create one when you submit your proposal.
The entire AU Team looks forward to another great conference. We appreciate your participation as we create yet another spectacular AU event.
--sandy0 Comments Posted On April 23, 2013 at 7:48AM
AU 2013 Call Proposals: Tips and Hints to Help You Get Started
The AU 2013 Call for Proposals opens in just 1 week on April 23. Here are some tips to help you write a successful proposal:
Focus on Relevant Topics and Trends
- State-of-the-art tools, tips, and techniques
- Personal and team productivity-boosting solutions for common day-to-day tasks
- Methods for improving concept-to-completion cycles: workflow, collaboration, productivity, and efficiency
- Industry trends, such as model-based design, the cloud, product lifecycle management, and sustainability
- Business strategies for evaluating, adopting, and maintaining new technologies
Offer Challenging Content for Advanced Users
Propose classes with more challenging content for those with 3 or more years of industry experience, or classes about new and emerging trends that are relevant to attendees’ disciplines.
Structure the Class to Make It Easy to Share with Colleagues
Make sure that your presentations and class handouts are structured so attendees can share with their teams what they learn in your class.
Get Full Details on the AU Website
You can get complete information including track descriptions, class formats, content types, and honoraria on the AU website.
So get going on your proposals, then join us at Autodesk University on December 3-5, 2013 at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
Email the AU Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
--sandy0 Comments Posted On April 16, 2013 at 10:22AM
AU 2013 Call for Proposals: Start Preparing Your Proposals
It’s certainly not too early to start thinking about the topics you’d like to present at AU this year. The Call for Proposals opens in just 3 weeks on April 23.
What can you can share with others? What are the new and emerging trends in your industry? Discuss your ideas with your colleagues. Ask them about topics that they would find interesting.
What We’re Looking for This Year
- More advanced classes—In-depth classes that examine a product in detail and teach attendees new and efficient ways to use their Autodesk® software.
- Process and workflow strategies—Classes that show attendees how to use multiple Autodesk® products together and make optimal use of Autodesk design and creation suites. Handoffs within and between products are increasingly important for users.
- Business management solutions—Classes that help attendees improve company workflow, collaboration, and overall efficiency; provide strategies for adopting and implementing new technologies; and share methods for improving concept-to-completion cycles.
We plan to offer 22 tracks and they will be similar to those offered at AU 2012. To clarify the audience for some of this year’s tracks and to better reflect where particular industries are headed, we’ve made a few track name changes:
|AU 2012||AU 2013|
|Facilities Management||Building Owners and Operators|
|Utilities and Telecommunications||Utilities|
|Customization and Programming||Developer|
|Digital Entertainment Techniques||Entertainment|
Need More Information?
- View the AU 2013 Proposal Guidelines.
- See which classes were offered at AU 2012.
- Email the AU Team at email@example.com.
--sandy0 Comments Posted On April 09, 2013 at 4:52PM
AU 2013 Call for Proposals Opens April 23: See What’s New
We're in the planning stages of AU 2013, and the Call for Proposals opens in a little over 3 weeks.
To help you get an early start, we’ve posted proposal guidelines and other information on the AU website now. You might begin by asking around to see what kinds of topics your colleagues are interested in having as part of the curriculum. You can test some of your topic ideas on them as well.
What’s New This Year?
- Session length—To minimize overload and allow more time for networking:
- Morning sessions will be 90 minutes.
- Afternoon sessions will be 60 minutes.
- Hands-on labs will be either 75 or 90 minutes.
- Preliminary and follow-up roundtable sessions—We’d like to see lectures and hands-on labs accompanied by either a preliminary or follow-up roundtable discussion on the same topic.
- Virtual classes—We will not be offering on-demand virtual classes this year. Instead, AU Online LIVE will live-stream the AU Las Vegas 2013 Keynote Address and some selected sessions from the conference.
- Languages—All classes will be in English this year.
Mark Your Calendars
If you have ideas for a great class proposal, we’d like to hear from you. Here are some important dates:
- Submissions begin: April 23, 2013
- Submissions deadline: May 19, 2013
- Classes selected and speakers notified: June 27, 2013
We look forward to reading your proposals and seeing you at AU 2013, December 3–5, at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
If you have questions, feel free to email the AU Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
--sandy0 Comments Posted On April 01, 2013 at 3:04PM